February 16, 2007

Bakery and Cafe

Hi Craig -
Enjoyed reading your blog, although I did have problems when I attempted to create a new post. So, I thought I'd just email you some feedback : - ) One of my favorite places (I stopped in this morning) is the Old Mill Bakery and Cafe on Frederick Road next to theTrolley Stop (still in Baltimore County: - ), but close to historic EC. You probably have stopped in, but if you haven't, I think that this is the type of place that I (and my kids) would love to see in Catonsville. Last Sunday morning, the family and I stopped in and we saw two other couples from Catonsville in this place at about 9:30 in the morning. Wouldn't it be great to have a place on Main Street Catonsville to visit instead? I recall that this place may have been an old general store, judging from the design of the building. It seems to me that this would satisfy the Starbucks seekers, but it's a chain (and that's one of the reasons I love it!)The place is not very large (I would guess smaller than 5000 sq.ft), with a kitchen in the back, small bistro tables setup to the right and rear of the store, bar stools facing some larger windows, a small reading nook with a sofa and coffee table, and built-in book shelves filled with all sorts of things (varieties of teas and coffees primarily, but teapots and cups and other trinkets). My kids love the homemade muffins, I love the gourmet coffees and chai teas, and most of all I love stopping in at around 3pm to get a hot Wild Berry pot straight from the oven--YUM! Needless to say, the place seems to always be hopping with traffic. Dana B.

No comments:

On the Lighter Side!

Blog Archive